This Forum is Closed
March 29, 2024, 07:23:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

More US Public Sector Union Stuff

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More US Public Sector Union Stuff  (Read 574 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:55:24 pm »

I'm now watching "Freedom Watch With Judge Napolitano", and there's a lady named Nancy Skinner who's arguing that the current troubles being experienced by public-sector employee unions are part of a flank attack against private-sector employee unions via punblic-sector employee unions.

'Skyoooooze meee, but the US has been DEINDUSTRIALIZED, so private sector employee unions hardly exist in the US these days.  The last remaining private-sector employee union in the US used to the the United Auto Workers, until GM and Chrysler got "bailed out" (read: nationalized).

So, why defend public-sector employee unions on the basis of protecting non-existent private-sector employee unions?

This is particularly true given the current circumstances in which public-sector employees have been living privileged lives relative to all other US workers, creating the possibility of public-sector workers securing their privileged existence by supporting the ruling class against the people.

Back when I was a Communist, I railed like hell against public-sector employee unions on the ground that the workers' movement was contaminating itself with servants of the Capitalist state.

My Constitutionalist awakening has hardly changed my views on this subject.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rebelitarian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:24:20 pm »

If anything it is nice to see people with government jobs seeing the evils of Globalism up close and personal.

When blue collar jobs were vanishing in the 1990s they acted all indifferent to it.  Now that it is affecting them... wah wah wah.

If anything a famous speech could be re-written to state...

When they outsourced the blue-collar jobs and destroyed their unions I said nothing for I was a government employee.

When they outsouced the white-collar jobs and destroyed their unions I said nothing for I was a government employee.

Now they want to downsize our job and destroy our unions everyone else was too broke to protest.

These people along with all the "service-sector-economy" advocates can just stew in their own juices.  Everything is a joke to these people by conspiracy theorists until it happens to them.  So f*** 'em.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:30:37 am »

Rebelitarian:

Thanks for the support!  (I myself come from a long line of Allis-Chalmers workers.  Here's what Wikipedia has to say about Allis-Chalmers:

"Allis-Chalmers Manufacturing Co. of West Allis, Wisconsin, is an American company known for its past as a manufacturer with diverse interests, perhaps most famous for their bright Persian Orange farm tractors.[1] The company eventually divested its manufacturing businesses and today is based in Houston, Texas, as Allis-Chalmers Energy.[2]"

I literally became physically ill when I read that.)

But we must also recall Governor Walker's statement concerning the use of provocateurs to make the protesters look worse.

Neither side in this issue is on our side of the real issues.

Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: