This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 11:17:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

"V for Victory" Posters: How and When To Use

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "V for Victory" Posters: How and When To Use  (Read 616 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2011, 12:45:25 am »

I'm trying to put together a longer piece (which I'd like to post as an article on Infowars.com) concerning my suggestions for the proper use, both situationally and temporally, of the amazing (and I mean TOTALLY amazing!) submissions to the poster contest.  But, as it's taking me a while to assemble (particularly considering my lack of computer skills), I'll post my preliminary result here.

The black poster with the red "V" and the legend: "Damn the New World Order  Spread the V" is hauntingly beautiful, but it's lack of the infowars.com website cite and further explanatory information might confuse people until the "V for Victory" campaign is well established.  I recommend that this poster not be used until the general public understand the meaning of the "V for Victory" campaign.

I further recommend that the poster that says: "I support Victory: Global Movement Against Tyranny: This Business Powered by Freedom" is best distributed to local small businesses for them to post in their own windows once we've gently convinced them.  Should they refuse to post the poster, let's just back off and nicely wish them a good day (after making a post-pitch purchase (good PR is CRITICAL!!!!).).

The Obama-as-Hitler posters are such old hat, I really don't believe they're useful anymore.  At this point, it's about the same as saying "Impeach Nixon".

Any further suggestions from the rest of you are most certainly welcome.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

EvadingGrid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:27:35 pm »

So make a better version of the V poster !!!

Report Spam   Logged
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:03:10 am »

EG:

Allow me to begin by explaining that this response of mine is delaying my post of a MUCH more important piece.

Allow me to continue by explaining that my first attempt to respond to your response has cost me about two and a half hours of productive work due to the massive computer problems that I only seem to have when I'm doing politically sensitive work.

The intent of my post was to give our movement the benefit of my nearly forty years' worth of experience in street-level politicking.

Why don't I come up with a better poster?  Two words: I can't.  I don't have anywhere near the graphic arts ability of even the worst of the poster creators.  I'm frankly floored at the quality of the work they've done.

Please notice that I didn't say that the "Red-on-Black" poster should be amended to include the infowars.com address nor the "We are all in danger..." paragraph.  I said that this is a positively GREAT poster, for use at some future time, when the meaning behind the posters is better understood by the general public, which may well be a time when the infowars.com website has been taken down.  It is a positively fantastic poster, whose time I hope never comes, but, nevertheless, it's a poster that we'd better keep in our portfolio in the event that its time does come.  (And I fear that time is not too far away.)

I also didn't say that the "This Business is Powered by Freedom" poster isn't great: in fact, I believe it is.  However, if we post this poster on buildings which do not house businesses, it won't make any sense.  If it's posted on buildings occupied by big NWO corporations, its message will be positively perverse.  If we put up these posters on the premises of small businesses without their consent, it could generate bad PR for our movement (as well as police victimization of businesses whose premises have been so postered).

Finally, the "Obama as Hitler" posters are also great!  Their best time period for posting is about two years ago!  So, if anyone wants to post these posters two years ago, PLEASE do so with my full support.  Posting them now makes our movement look like a bunch of Republican revanchistes who are upset at Obama, rather than at the fake two-party system.  It may actually INCREASE support for Obama on that basis.  (As an American, I can tell you that the question of all these "Tea Partiers" who held their quiet while Bush Jr. was president only to "awaken" to the New World Order once their favo(u)rite party was no longer in power is a very real concern.)

Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to the important piece I was attempting to post when I first entered this site this morning.

Cheers!  (I know you were just probing me with this one, but this really wasn't the night for that!)
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: