This Forum is Closed
November 22, 2019, 04:32:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

I Think I May Have Run Into Government Disinfo on Another Site

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Think I May Have Run Into Government Disinfo on Another Site  (Read 160 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2011, 08:29:27 pm »

I am a semi-regular participant in the American Mafia website, which you can see at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/americanmafia/

Anyways, last week's massive Mafia indictments handed down here in the Northeastern US generated a storm of speculation concerning the significance of this crackdown, with many of us expressing, not sympathy for the Mafia, but concerns over possible civil liberty and due process implications of the manner in which these indictments were handled.

This produced the following reply from a new forum participant:

Thank you to you and Mr. Critchley for your replies. You might
> well be right in saying that prosecutors are overreaching in this
> case. I was reacting more to some of the broader statements
> here of the "Mafia is no worse than the government" variety,
> even going to the point of equating the Mafia to persecuted
> dissidents.
>
> Keith Allen

That "equating the Mafia to persecuted dissidents" bit is a direct reference to a piece that I posted which can best be explained by my showing you my reply to the above post:

Re: Northeast U.S. Mafia arrests - Jan. 20, 2011

Kieth:

My post contains the specific statement: "while I'm obviously not trying to
equate the Mafia with the American Civil Rights and Anti-War movements of the
1960's".

If you want to respond to what I post, then respond to what I actually post, and
not to alternate (or, in this instance, opposite) statements.

His "Mafia is no worse than the government" bit also mischaracterizes his referent, which is a series of posts concerning the motivation behind the government's mass-round-up tactic, which has traditionally produced much publicity in favor of the government with few trials and few convictions of Mafiosi according to the original gravamen of the indictments.

His entire approach seems to be to slander anyone who criticizes any government action as some sort of anti-government kook, and appears, to me, to emulate the statement by the Pima County Sheriff blaming the Tuscon Massacre on "anti- Government bigots".

My questions: is this guy a Cass Sunstein disinfo agent, and is the idea of the poor government as victims of irrational "bigotry" a new talking point?

EDIT:

One of my posts posits a possible (alliteration unintended!) legal defense in the case of United States v. Luigi Manocchio et al, to the extent that the indictment charges him with extortional receipt of United States currency.  I pointed out that what he is actually specified as having received is, not United States currency, but Federal Reserve Notes, which are private banknotes issued by the Federal Reserve System, which is a consortium of private banks, which notes, not having been issued by the US Treasury, but by private banks, do not, in fact, constitute currency of the United States.   Grin
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:42:05 pm by Bad Penny » Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: