This Forum is Closed
April 18, 2024, 06:12:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Can Alex Please Distinguish 1960's Black Panthers From "New Black Panthers"?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Alex Please Distinguish 1960's Black Panthers From "New Black Panthers"?  (Read 376 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2011, 05:37:50 am »

One of the things that most bothers me about Alex is his failure to distinguish the 1960's Black Panther Party from the so-called "New Black Panther Party", which latter organization exhibits neither historical derivation from nor ideological affinity with the original Black Panther Party of sainted memory.  The original Black Panther Party, although nominally Maoist in it's political orientation, actually practiced Black capitalism, through her emphasis on community self-development and self-reliance.  (And isn't it cute that the Federal Government stole the Black Panther Party's school breakfast program(me), thus turning community self-reliance into welfare?)  The Black Panther Party produced such monumental figures of US history as Eldridge Cleaver, Bobby Seale, and, especially, Fred Hampton, who was assassinated by the Chicago pigs (under the aegis of the FBI) just as he was beginning to criticize the role of the Federal Government in health care within the Black community.  The Black Panther Party were racially separatist to the extent that they benefited from an immature understanding as to the extent to which the Black community were being wielded as a weapon against the White working class by the Federal Government (the comprehension of which fact requires massive knowledge of US urban policy during the 1960's to an extent which would be difficult for me to impart to others in just a few lines) while they, themselves, were manipulated into subjection to the government by virtue of those same policies.  Therefor, they advocated, not really separatism, but simply Black community self-reliance as a counter to dependence upon the US government and all that such dependence implies.  You might even say that they were Ron Paul Republicans in the era of Richard Nixon.

In comparison, the "New Black Panther Party" has absolutely no social program(me)s, nor any activities apart from yelling at Black people who who mix with Whites, scaring away White supporters of the Black community, and enforcing exclusion of citizens from the polls on behalf of the local political machines.

Hey!  I did it! Despite the interference! 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:16:40 am by Bad Penny » Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: