This Forum is Closed
April 19, 2024, 07:13:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Children & 9/11, and their take on a Big Bad World of Bad News.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Children & 9/11, and their take on a Big Bad World of Bad News.  (Read 631 times)
Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2010, 05:27:54 pm »

I was just listening to radio 4. Oh, dear. Anyway, at half way thru the show not knowing what I was listening to, I heard the words 'resilience' in relation to children, and their capability to deal with a rapidly changing world full of shocking news stories, like the Gulf Oil Spill, Chilean Miners trapped 600' underground and ofcourse the biggest story of the century, so far anyway, - 9/11.

Bringing Up Britain
Wed 6 Oct 2010, 20:00
BBC Radio 4
Sat 9 Oct 2010, 22:15
BBC Radio 4
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00v1qtl/Bringing_Up_Britain_Series_3_Episode_3

It's worth listening to, actually. You get an idea of how the evolving establishment of child psychiatrists, media pundits and those involved in 'protecting children' see their own roles and their effective ineffectiveness in helping children to grow up with all this going off around them. How are we doing?

Not brilliantly it seems chief!

We were all kids once, and even if you don't have children (as many, I know amongst us don't), we can still appreciate an insight into how children see the provision of or lack of tailor-made news, made for them around these big-bad-world events.

-------------

The minute I heard the word 'resilience' I knew that I was going to hear mention of 9/11, and within 20-30 seconds I had that link. That's because 'resilience' with a little 'r', (as used in this context) is a new part of the lexicon, introduced to the public in about late 2008, prior just to the Swine-Flu pandemic. But it was previously panderered liberally around intelligence and military think-tanks, just following 9/11. Resilience with a big 'R' is the Establishement's ability to respond and the 'r' version, believe it or not, it's true is used to describe changes in 'our' that's the public's behavioural responses to, in particular I'd allege, - GLOBAL type tragic news and events.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:54:41 am by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: