This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 11:50:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

There Are Safeguards Against Funeral Disruptions

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There Are Safeguards Against Funeral Disruptions  (Read 372 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:36:27 am »

I heard Alex talking about how that awful Baptist preacher from the Midwest (which happens to be my native region) is going to lead his flock to picket the funeral of the 9-year-old girl who was killed in the Tuscon Massacre.  The very thought of it sickens me like you wouldn't believe, and I absolutely believe (though I have no proof except through their actions) that this jerk and his flock of jerks are government operatives assigned to defame stereotypically "conservative" causes (such as opposition to homosexuality, which I myself oppose on both moral and logical grounds, but I know that God loves all of his creatures, and their slogan "God Hates Fags" is an absolute insult to the dignity of the Creator, and a denial of the mercy with which He wishes to bless all of us sinners, regardless of our sexual orientation (or other attraction to sinfulness).  I further believe that their evil mission includes defamation of the very idea of free speech, which is one of the last rights remaining (albeit vestigially) to us Americans.

But, there's a peaceful, legal, solution to this mess, in the form of an organization called the "Patriot Guard Riders", which is a group of motorcyclists (and others) whose mission statement reads as follows (as per their website: http://www.patriotguard.org/ ):

Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement

The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives:

1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
   2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you.  We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all.

Nobody has to put up with total crap in a time of mourning.  I suggest that Christina Green, who was killed while attending a political event in which she was interested, gave her life in service of her country.  Forget it, I'm so sick of such talk: she had her life so cruelly stolen from her in the service of her country, just like the young men who get killed in the wars our politicians arrange in order to cause themselves to bask in the glory of the sacrifice made by those who are better than them, but poorer and less cynical than them.

I suggest that she is, indeed, a fallen heroine of America, whose funeral services well deserve the safety provided by the Patriot guard Riders.

EDIT: I read a little further down on their website, to find the following:

TRAGEDY IN TUCSON, ARIZONA

We have received many inquiries regarding our presence at the memorial and funeral services of the victims of this terrible tragedy.

The Patriot Guard Riders are not a counter protest group. We have a very specific mission statement that focuses on our Fallen Heroes that have served our country and citizens. As a non-profit organization we are bound by law to adhere to our mission statement. Violating that could prevent the organization from continuing to honor our fallen military and first responders.

We understand the sorrow these families are experiencing and offer our condolences in their loss and hope that no protesters will attempt to twist their pain for some media exposure. The best way to prevent these folks from attending funerals is to deny them media coverage and attention. That is the only reason they would be there.

I could hardly agree more.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:39:47 am by Bad Penny » Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: