This Forum is Closed
March 29, 2024, 01:48:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Ghost Towns of China - 64 Million empty - Explain ?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Towns of China - 64 Million empty - Explain ?  (Read 1397 times)
EvadingGrid
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2010, 03:56:23 am »

The ghost towns of China:
 Amazing satellite images show cities meant to be home to millions lying deserted

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
 Last updated at 10:53 AM on 18th December 2010

These amazing satellite images show sprawling cities built in remote parts of China that have been left completely abandoned, sometimes years after their construction.

Elaborate public buildings and open spaces are completely unused, with the exception of a few government vehicles near communist authority offices.

Some estimates put the number of empty homes at as many as 64 million, with up to 20 new cities being built every year in the country's vast swathes of free land.

See the many Satellite Photos

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 04:19:54 am »

Weird, but not unprecedented: here in the US, they're building tons of high-rise luxury apartment towers for which no market is apparent.  (Per my "Memorandum to File" dated 29 August 2007: "Condo Glut referred to on "Nightly Business Report" 11:30 PM EDT (Cox Cable Providence) 28 August 2007. "Shadow Market" in internet advertisements of rentals of unshifted units gives estimate.")

It could be just an example of some bureaucrat engaging in magical thinking along the lines of: "If you build it, they will come.", with nobody showing up once it's built, or it could indicate some future planned mass population relocation.  These cities could even be the result of some cilvil-service make-work program(me) intended to lower the unemployment rate.  The same thing has happened in your country, with Washington New Town having been built on the Washington estate to commemorate the city-founding George Washington, which was so poorly situated that it had few enough takers to become a slum as soon as it was built.  These Chinese cities are apparently situated in rather remote locations, which may account for the lack of would-be residents.

EDIT:  I just recalled another historical example: when one of the kings of my ancestral land of Prussia overbuilt our capital city of Berlin, and so he ordered his troops to occupy the unsaleable apartments (flats in the UK).  To this day, what would be referred to as 'tenements" in NYC are referred to as "barracks" (Mietkasernen) in Berlin.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:39:55 am by Bad Penny » Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot
EvadingGrid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 01:16:07 am »

Thats homes for 200 million people...

Report Spam   Logged
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 01:56:00 am »

EG:

I'm not saying it isn't fishy, but I'm also saying it's not unprecedented.  Having reread the article, my guess it that it's part of some "Populate the empty interior" program(me), much like a similar program(me) in Brazil that resulted in the construction of the new capital of Brasilia (which, like overbuilt 18th-Century Berlin, could be populated by state employees who could be ordered to move there) but failed to attract settlers beyond the city of Brasilia.  Even so, that's still just a guess.  But, if a mass, forced population relocation were planned in China, why are these cities still completely empty?
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
I ain't going backwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Amazon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 08:10:25 am »

Perhaps it will take a WW!!! to start the relocation Huh??
Report Spam   Logged
Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 09:38:05 am »

Hmmmm China eh! Well it can't be worse than this Shitehole, and besides, they have a mean electronics industry.

I heard an Englishman speaking out last night about how it's embarrasing to live in Britain now. And in reply, one of the Americans he was talking to replied: 'It's getting like that over here too'.

So who goes first? Brits or Yanks?

PS, it's only for the Chinks by the way. We'll never get a better offer than a pair of concrete wellie boots, or a bullet in the back of the head in the woods, after digging your own graves ...

..... Hilk hilk hilk.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:45:18 am by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 02:17:05 am »

Amazon:

That's possible, but it's also very speculative.  Why would the Chinese be waiting for war to break out to move a lot of irradiated people into brand-new cities?  If they're planning to move people and industry into these cities upon the outbreak of war but prior to any US nuclear strike, it would take quite a feat of logistics on behalf of the Chinese forces to arrange mobilization of the military for war and to simultaneously force 200,000,000 people into newly built ghost towns, particularly given the fact that Chinese logistics are so bad that their invasion of Vietnam in 1979 (variously known as the Third Indochina War, Chiến tranh biên giới Việt-Trung, and  对越自卫反击战) was stopped cold by the local peasant militia forces before the regular forces of the People's Army of Vietnam could even get to the scene.

The recent Chinese missile launch off Los Angeles was certainly very impressive, but it is hardly typical of the logistical capabilities of the Chinese forces, which have not shown the world the ability to conquer anything beyond the Paracel Islands (conquered from the then-failing South Vietnamese state in the waning days of the Second Indochina War (i.e., the US stage of the Vietnam Wars).  Indeed, they've not attempted to conquer the Spratley Islands from the PAVN (People's Army of Viet Nam) forces currently occupying them.

My point is, I don't think the Chinese are planning to overstress their already severely limited logistical capabilities to engage in any wartime population transfer into the new interior cities.  So, I think it's just another example of "We built it, but they didn't come", combined with a need for makework projects to alleviate local unemployment.

Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
I ain't going backwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 02:25:14 am »

Two Tenners:

Your posts are becoming increasingly difficult for me to understand, and I must confess that I really don't understand your last post.  I'm becoming increasing concerned for your safety, and, speaking as a friend and admirer of yours, I would like you to seek whatever sort of medical advice may be acceptable and accessible to you.

Just trying to help you keep on a'chuggin for the cause, you know?

I'm really pulling for you here in Providence, Rhode Island!

Don't let me down!

Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
I ain't going backwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 08:00:48 pm »

Two Tenners:

Your posts are becoming increasingly difficult for me to understand, and I must confess that I really don't understand your last post.  I'm becoming increasing concerned for your safety, and, speaking as a friend and admirer of yours, I would like you to seek whatever sort of medical advice may be acceptable and accessible to you.

Just trying to help you keep on a'chuggin for the cause, you know?

I'm really pulling for you here in Providence, Rhode Island!

Don't let me down!

Cheers!

Sounds a bit threatening. 'Seek Medical Advice, Don't let me down.' And my "safety"! Er, oh really Sir?

Shall I ask nursie to 'Make me More Comfortable & Help Ease my Passing'?

Or is it something to do with my suggestion in a different post that certain people are BREAD FOR PURPOSE, genetically born with a predisposition to behaviour; EASILY CLASSIFIED behaviour. Easily programmatically controlled personality, from that basis?

And interesting too, once again I find, and I know that other mods know this, on this forum, (because I have had long conversation with him about his 'previous life'), that one moderator here is an ex-genetic engineer, whose primary work was the development of the GM maize .... "I believed I was doing the best or right thing, to benefit people" - unquote. Nothing personal old-boy, but it's certainly not a line of work I would ever in a thousand years have considered even if I was given the career opportunity.

Ah, but I hypothesise beyond what is reasonable, Yes? But nevertheless it could be time to to Bring out the Great White hope weapon of "You're mentally ill, time to take your meds" when the Irony Curtain has been breached, a tactic which has been propounded on these forums, and others (PP), by this very same person.
Again nothing personal old-chap, you know who I'm talking about.

And to boot, You're an admirer  ... ?  'AH, An open mind! The basis of Intellect'. Or in your case an intimidating, yet not naturally controlling personality, one that seeks out that façet in others.

They aggregate in groups, Alex Jones says, coming together to carry out the purposes ...

I suggest. readers, just as if you are encouraged to protect your fostered 'patriotic views' here, that if you develop, by accident or design, in the process, an 'open-mind' that you protect it too ... That's where I failed so often in this life ...

It's very intimidating to be different surrounded by persons whose soul objective is to point out that difference, and make the most of it, to the benefit only of their own behavioural 'phenotype' for want of a better term.

Interesting. I shall have to ponder much more on this idea of Genetic Predisposition to Conformation, to being led, like dumb animals to the slaughter and to the death of higher, creative thinking at the same time. And is there an attack on religious conviction component to it too, obviously and almost inevitably, I should hope!

My parent, (both industrial chemists) when I was a child, encouraged me to be different, not going along with all the other 'long-haired' dope smokers wandering the streets.

But Did I listen? Did I bollocks.

Yes, I think I'm on to something here ... getting closer to the truth, upsetting people,  .... I love it, wouldn't give it up for the world.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:23:37 pm by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 08:07:39 am »

Two Tenners:

You reach me and a half!  However, I see that there's a difference between upsetting people who've grown complacent with lies by forcing the truth into their eyes, and upsetting people who admire your work by talking about "passing"!  I mean, what is going on here?

I always describe myself as a US Constitutionalist, simply because my simple mind recognizes the Constitution of the United States of America (NOT MY COUNTRY, just the country in which God chose me to be born so I could fully appreciate the US Constitution as the most rational means of rendering popular sovereignty safe from momentary popular passions, while incorporating the best aspect of Proto-West Germanic society (of which Thomas Jefferson was most certainly a student, as his six-mile-square townships, enacted into law via the Northwest Territories Land Ordinance of 1785, quite perfectly recreate the Proto-West Germanic institution of the "Hundred", that being the piece of land (in terms of the experience of Iron-Age Germany and Denmark, which, together, provide the demographic basis for the nation eventually known as "England") which provides sustainable sustenance, in terms of arable land, fishing ponds, wooded land and whatnot, for one hundred families.  While appreciating President Jefferson's appreciation of my ancestral culture, I realize that this "America" project has turned into a self-congratulatory imperialistic monster, such that I've NEVER described myself as an American patriot.  Particularly seeing as I was born into the American working class, imported from Europe en masse during the 1880's through 1920's, who were expected to make the native Yankees rich through the sacrifice of their very life force and then go home to Europe to die.

And, yes, Alex Jones is a Middle-Classhole and a half, and that bothers me and a half!  But he's really our movement's hardest working member, with an encyclopedic knowledge of the forces which are currently trying to KILL US ALL!!!  I hardly follow him robotically, but I do recognize that he knows quite a bit, and I don't contest his statements until I've found concrete evidence to do so.  Most recently, I don't have quite the appetite to correct his errors, which fact most probably would upset him, and cause him rightly to accuse me of laziness.

Cheers, and cheer up, and STAY WITH US AND ON OUR SIDE!
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
I ain't going backwards!

The Clash, White Riot
EvadingGrid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 10:13:23 am »

All I can say is Watch China.

Report Spam   Logged