This Forum is Closed
April 18, 2024, 05:31:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

"Oh, when the Blunts come marchin' in ...."

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Oh, when the Blunts come marchin' in ...."  (Read 899 times)
Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2010, 04:38:27 pm »

It was armistice day yesterday ... so I heard ... and we hear about how a lot of praise has to be given our brave self-sacrificing soldiers out in Afghanistan, protecting all that Opium and the Heroin Trail and whatever other priceless duties they must be asked to do to guard our liberties and freedoms ...

We also hear about how soldiers coming back from the Middle and Far East are going to be used as security guards, - as I say we don't have much to worry about in the shopping arcades until they start deploying ex-Iraqi time served soldiers as security. And you worry that wearing a Balaclava hat during cold weather can cause problems for security guards these days ...

But if they do come home looking for careers in 'civvie-street' perhaps they and we in general could do a lot worse than if they were to take a page out of this chap's life-style options. Rock stars I don't admire at all, and James Blunt, a musician I don't normally go for, and who was in the first tank to go into Pristina, Kosova in 1994, had a guitar strapped to the outside of his tank.

Whilst performing a part rendition of 'Baba O'Rily by The WHO, You remember -"It's only a teenage wasteland", on the BBC I realized that the guy truly is madder yet decidedly less dangerous than your average bareback rider from the armoured brigades of HM Forces.

Notice the "Rock n' Roll" Horns. Can you do this and not care what it means? And is that Oi ...?

Well of course it is ... as I've never seen anything as daft ....

Indeed, a lot worse could come than this guy ... no matter what you think of his songs ...

And this comes from what is just about the funniest thing I've seen in the last week:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00w5g59/Never_Mind_the_Buzzcocks_Series_24_Episode_4/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 03:13:05 pm by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 06:48:54 am »

From 'The Gulag Archipelago' by Aleksandar Isayevich Solzhenitsyn, on the Article 58 Politicals and their torture trials before despatch to labour camps and inevitable death in many cases: pp 504. Volume I & II.

"To strike out Boldly, a person has to feel that his rear is defended, that he has support on both his flanks, that there is solid earth beneath his feet"

And yes, I am reading the whole III volumes, cover to cover, on the toilet, each morning, as practice. Now, I'll let you get back to your personality cult of the worship of politicians who are going to save your skinnies ..

Happy days ....
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 03:13:31 pm by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: