This Forum is Closed
April 18, 2024, 01:50:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

3.5 Million French Demonstators on the streets against 'Austerity Cuts', - CFDT

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3.5 Million French Demonstators on the streets against 'Austerity Cuts', - CFDT  (Read 631 times)
Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:55:28 pm »

Trade Union Confédération française démocratique du travail (CFDT) predicts a turnout of 3.5 Million across France tomorrow Wednesday, which would be 600,000 more than on the previous two 'days of action' on the 23rd Sept and 2nd October.

One demonstrator, two demonstrators, three demonstrators ... but how many are there?
(REUTERS)

Meanwhile the ministry of the interior predicts just a 1.2Million turnout against a 997,000 turnout on the 23rd.

This has yet to develop the hallmarks of 1968, but when it does, I heartily recommend staying tuned, as last time it happened back then, all news was 'D' noticed by the BBC and no-one heard about the events.

'Come on, show me the money'

Libération just updated their headline with these figures after I went to press:
http://www.liberation.fr/societe/01012295813-retraites-les-raffineries-au-ralenti
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:39:06 pm by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jonnie Goodboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 01:10:24 am »

WE live in treacherous times my friends and with the lengthening of the shadows, in every sense.

And I have to ask myself why am I encouraged to watch Youtubes of the 1968 demonstrators being portrayed as willing 'communits' bent on overthrowing our beloved capitalism. I don't think they had much choice in how they were portrayed, but since I have personally known some of those that occupied the barricades in '68 I can tell you they were pretty much normal human beings, seeking their dignity, and trying to maintain control over their lives.

Capitalism in its heyday did me no great favours, I'll be honest, and it's not my saviour, it's more like a tightening noose. That's what all europeans feel these days and I'll be quite clear, - if I was a little younger, a little warmer, and little less of thousands of Km away from Paris today, I'd be happy to join the ranks of Machio Kaku's 'Terrorists' and 'manifest' or demonstrate there today. I'm not much of a single-handed organizer of rallies.

All the infrastructure of total tyranny and oppression is being rolled out across europe, and I'm just surprised we don't hear stories of death camps being built outside Berlin, London and Lyon, but the Germans didn't hear about them either until after the war.

Anything is possible in this new world order of miracles, in this land of miracles and 'new opportunities'.

Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
Jonnie Goodboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 02:24:26 pm »

French strikes: 3.5 million take to streets to protest pension reform.

'More than three million people took to the streets of France in protest at pension reforms, with distant echoes of May 1968 as students and schoolchildren swelled numbers to record highs.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/8059957/French-strikes-3.5-million-take-to-streets-to-protest-pension-reform.html

By Henry Samuel in Paris
Published: 6:20PM BST 12 Oct 2010

Boy it gives you a bellyache don't it, those lusty young french nubile flangeurs letting it all hang on the streets of an actual half-alive remnant of a republic. Don't it make ya' jealous

Just look at you, all alone, dreaming of being counted amongst the brave, but stuck at home.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:28:26 pm by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: