This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 05:58:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

The rapture cult

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The rapture cult  (Read 3054 times)
Geolibertarian
Global Moderator

9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.ae911truth.org

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2010, 01:44:49 pm »

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_carol_wo_070113_nuclear_armageddon_3f_.htm

Nuclear Armageddon? The Rapture Cult, Path of Death

by Carol Wolman
OpEdNews
January 13, 2007

There's lots of talk going on about nuclear armageddon. Israeli pilots are training to nuke Iran's nuclear facilities, Bush attacks the Iranian consulate in northern Iraq, Syria is being demonized again. Russia and China are allied with Iran, will they stand by, let Iran be nuked, and not retaliate with nuclear weapons against Israel or the USA?

Scary times. Bush is barreling ahead despite huge opposition, even from within his own party. Pat Robertson claims that God told him there would be a massive attack against America this year. It seems like a good time to re-publish a piece I wrote a while ago, looking at the Christofascist ideology which allows and encourages suicidal behavior on the part of the man with his finger on the button.

The Rapture Cult- Path of Death

Psalm 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life.

Tens of millions of Americans have read "The Late Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsay, and tens of millions more are avid fans of the "Left Behind" series by LaHaye and Jenkins. These science fiction books claim to give a true interpretation of Bible prophecy. They preach the rapture cult, a heretical view (so labeled by the Presbyterian Church) which says that believers will be "called out" and "meet Jesus in the clouds" while the rest of us are to be "left behind" to suffer and perish in the tribulation.

This is the path of death. The rapture cultists have psychically abandoned planet earth and all responsibility for its fate. They support George Bush and his rapid destruction of the biosphere, thinking that this will hasten their being "called away" by the returning Christ. They suspend conscience and discernment, believing the false prophets who tell them that Bush was chosen by God to lead America and that his lying murderous ways should be overlooked.

George Bush serves the corporate beast, and all his policies are designed to enrich those who profit from its plunder. Bush acts as CEO for the beast, whose greed is destroying the biosphere. The corporate beast has stolen "personhood" in America from human beings through a legal fiction, which entitles corporations to the rights of persons, without any of the responsibility and accountability of human beings. In fact, the only goal to which corporations are legally bound is to make profits for their stockholders.

The rapture cultists become "little Eichmans", working for the beast, buying its products, upholding its reign, and its exploitation and slaughter of indigenous peoples the world over. They worship success, not God, and are lulled by the false prophets into believing that they will go to heaven if only they hate homosexuals, pro-abortion people, and Muslims. They are encouraged to extend this hatred to "liberals", "progressives", "tree-huggers", and indeed, to all of us who are fighting to preserve life on planet earth.

The false prophets of the rapture cult, people like Pat Robertson, are predicted in Revelation, and serve the corporate beast:

[Continued...]

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_carol_wo_070827_pharisees_and_the_ra.htm

Pharisees and the Rapture Cult

by Carol Wolman
OpEdNews
August 27, 2007

We live in an age when politics and religion, specifically Bible-based Christianity, are inextricably mixed. The main reason Bush and Cheney have gotten away with what they've gotten away with is that they have the backing of the evangelical churches. These churches have provided these evil men with a cadre of blind but dedicated volunteers who will torture, kill, corrupt the electoral process, and keep Bush and Cheney in power with the belief that in so doing they are hastening the return of Jesus Christ.

The right wing Republican churches have become Zionist, and AIPAC has teamed up with them to corrupt Congress as well. The zeal of their congregants, who refuse to believe anything bad about Bush and Cheney, no matter how much evidence they are shown, is based on a belief in the rapture cult.

It is imperative to understand how the rapture cult works. It's also called dominionism and dispensationalism. Their sick interpretation of Biblical prophecy would have us believe that nuclear holocaust is inevitable, and that the faithful will be raptured up on a mushroom cloud with Jesus to a happier realm. Dominionism, because political domination by these churches is part of the picture. Dispensationalism, because those who join the cult are presumed to be cleansed of all sins from that time forward, so they don't need to be held accountable for their actions.  So true believers can do what they want, and be saved if they support Bush.

This doctrine has been cynically fabricated and publicized by the modern-day Pharisees to garner a crowd of faithful. They provide a veneer, a thin veneer, of legitimacy to Bush and Cheney, by providing enough votes and enough poll cheating to make it appear that they won in 2004. This was Karl Rove's strategy, and it worked to the point where elections will no longer be necessary, because martial law will have been declared- at least that's their plan.

The rapture cult was promulgated by science fiction writer Hal Lindsey in the 60's and 70's, with the immensely popular "The Late, Great Planet Earth". LeHaye and Jenkins took up the baton with the "Left Behind" series, which has around 70 million readers. Lindsey and LeHaye, by the way, are both close to Bush.

This was all cynically planned by thinktanks like the Hoover Institute. The Christian Right took over the Republican party and installed the thugs Bush and Cheney, and continue to support them. The rest of us are intimidated by the theology, much as we may pooh-pooh it. We deal with it by rejecting the Bible altogether, and thus denying ourselves the powerful weapon of righteousness backed by God's word.

Jesus had this to say to people like Bush, Cheney, Lindsey and LeHaye:

[Continued...]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:06:23 pm by Geolibertarian » Report Spam   Logged

"For the first years of [Ludwig von] Mises’s life in the United States...he was almost totally dependent on annual research grants from the Rockefeller Foundation.” -- Richard M. Ebeling

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=162212.0

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Geolibertarian
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 01:53:39 pm »

"What I resent is all the phony Christians I've run into who aren't real Christians who tell me:

'I don't have a thing to worry about. Yeah I'm glad they're trying to make people take chips and puttin' stuff in our food -- that means the end's coming soon and I'm goin' up on a rope.'

"Last time I read the Bible that isn't even in there.

"That's my problem is that when Hitler was slaughtering people all over Europe, most Christians literally laid there and took it, because they said 'Oh, he's the anti-Christ, this is the end of the world.'

"And so I'm saying that I have a choice to make. I have to -- in this one life to live, I'm being tested. And I'm not going to just say the game's outcome is already -- you know the die are already cast, and so I'm not going to be involved and I'm not going to try to do something and take action.

"But no I totally agree with what you're saying, sir, it's just that I have found that 'religion' has become this big blanket people wrap themselves in and then don't ever do anything."

-- Alex Jones, Alamo Drafthouse, Austin, TX, Nov. 8, 2007
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 09:19:16 am by Geolibertarian » Report Spam   Logged

"For the first years of [Ludwig von] Mises’s life in the United States...he was almost totally dependent on annual research grants from the Rockefeller Foundation.” -- Richard M. Ebeling

rosswell

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:01:08 pm »

In regard to your first post, I don't suffer women teachers and in regard to the second, I have no respect for Alex Jones' understanding of scripture. In fact I have serious doubts as to whether or not he's a real Christian. He doesn't seem to have a clue about the depravity of Adamic man. He is no better in this regard than all the worldly philosophers and false religions.
Report Spam   Logged

For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him should not parish but have everlasting life.
Geolibertarian
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 06:35:32 pm »

In regard to your first post, I don't suffer women teachers and in regard to the second, I have no respect for Alex Jones' understanding of scripture. In fact I have serious doubts as to whether or not he's a real Christian. He doesn't seem to have a clue about the depravity of Adamic man. He is no better in this regard than all the worldly philosophers and false religions.

Coming from someone as shamelessly self-righteous as you, I'm sure both Carol Wolman and Alex Jones take your snooty, holier-than-thou assessment of them as a compliment.
Report Spam   Logged

rosswell

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:26:12 am »

I have no righteousness in myself. My righteousness is in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Report Spam   Logged

For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him should not parish but have everlasting life.
outofstate
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 10:09:18 am »

I have no righteousness in myself. My righteousness is in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Rapture

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Report Spam   Logged
Geolibertarian
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 02:27:40 pm »

That's what people who cloak their self-righteousness in religion always say, so we'll just have to let readers decide for themselves whether the humility which you wear like a fashion accessory is genuine or not, won't we?
Report Spam   Logged

Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 07:46:11 am »

Well Gentlemen, it sounds as if neither of you have heard of 'The Troia Project'

A project to transport into the heavens, by supernatural means (or rapture, if you will) - 144,000 (Revelations 7.4, 14.1,3) Genetically Modified Super Soldiers, who will survive through germ-warfare Har'magged'on and (got it wrong first time), from there rule over a newly restored Theme Park 'Blue-Planet' with a benevolant and yet surprisingly predictable Righteous Iron Fist from the Artificial cloud-cover Obscurred Celestial Temple.

Now, we get into the nitty and grist of the whole sheebang of a super-plan:

From this heavenly cloud-cookoo-castle an ubiquitous campaign of full-spectrum dominance and carbon taxing of all the wild creatures of the newly restored and yet still curiously denuded of greenery, - Earth will be maintained for 1000 years of trouble free 'Peace through Security'.

NB — The Figure of 144,000, by way of statistics, is reached by taking 14.4 family members of each of 100 crime-families that currently make up the 10 Brave New World Regional Governments that are in themselves but mere anti-typical theological representations of the Biblical Ten Ancient Northern Israeli tribes.

Yes just divide by ten folks, it's that simple, but that leaves out the two southern tribes of Mannasseh and Judah.
Oh boy, are those folks steaming! This should be this be fun to watch.

This new earth by the way, shall be called a 'Paradise' and the Troians shall kiss it goodbye in no time at all.

I'm not actually all that surprised that this hasn't yet been 'debunked', and gentlemen I bid you good-day.

PS: Are you a Troian? Now you can see why it's important to be included amongst the American religious CULT of the 'Rapturists', which is of course just the 'Troists' going by a suitably obscure pseudonym. Did anyone guess that?

'It's always good to be into enterprise', so my Great Gran'pappie would say.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:25:42 pm by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
rosswell

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 11:59:06 pm »

Your math is a little off. 14.4 X 100 = 14,400 not 144,000.
Report Spam   Logged

Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 12:39:44 pm »

Your math is a little off. 14.4 X 100 = 14,400 not 144,000.

Why, you know my Hairy Brother of the Jungle, you are right ... So, taking a page out of the Michael Mann 'Hockey-Stick' book of Statistical Tricks I've re-written the data to agree with the desired result. See

" ... NB — The Figure of 144,000, by way of statistics, is reached by taking 144 family members of each of 100 crime-families ... "

And then like a Real Scientist I then add to and re-word the proposition to fit in with the unnacountable need to adjust the data, thus giving  ...

" ...that currently make up EACH OF the 10 Brave New World Regional Governments ..."

There that should do. I'll go back to the Royal TheoFossical Society, or whatever they call themselves now, take my revised data to them and be assured that they'll not have even noticed the disparity.

But I still prefer the '14.4 family members' version ... It's got that enigmatic zing-a-ring about it so peculiar to pseudo-research.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:59:41 pm by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
rosswell

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 04:28:55 pm »

So I take it this is all a joke to you?
Report Spam   Logged

Amazon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 02:30:16 pm »

So I take it this is all a joke to you?

ROFLMAO
Report Spam   Logged
Geolibertarian
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 03:54:58 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: