This Forum is Closed
March 19, 2024, 01:09:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Activism re: Destruction of US Wage Scale Saturday, 6 August 2010

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Activism re: Destruction of US Wage Scale Saturday, 6 August 2010  (Read 910 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:49:04 am »

Am I really the first poster to have an activism comment?

LET'S GET BUSY, GUYS 'N' GALS!  (And, no, that's NOT what I mean!)

I mean let's get out there and shake the bad guys up!

This Saturday, I met a group of young people from Florida who were doing just that.  They were members of an organization called the "Coalition of Immokalee Workers", who work among tomato field workers in the area of Immokalee, Florida.  These workers have, in the recent past, been the victims of enslavement, both physical and economic (via the old "Company Store" system of debt bondage, to which, let me remind you, the bankster gangsters hope to reduce us all!), and of severely low wages at best.  Their public propaganda concentrated upon the victims who have been lawful immigrants into the US, as well as native-born citizens (such as urban homeless persons lured into the field by promises of access to illegal narcotics and alcohol, only to find themselves under the control of the bosses via the bosses' control, in turn, of the substances to which the field hands are addicted.

In my interaction with these people, I mentioned the prison-industrial complex (particularly in the aspect of convict labor being contracted out for everything from agricultural field work to telemarketing), and suggested the use of this country's drug laws as a means of providing access to such an exploitable labor pool (possibly explaining the exorbitant incarceration rate within the US), a point of view enthusiastically received by the CIW members.  It later dawned upon me that I had failed to mention the outsourcing of US jobs to China as yet another source of slave labor for the US moneymasters.  (I avoided the subject of illegal immigration as yet a further source of subminimum-wage workers contributing to this coordinated symphony of factors contributing to the destruction of the livable wage within the US in order to be seen as non-confrontational).

One of the CIW people was kind enough to refer me to an organization known as "Critical Resistance", which opposes expansion of the US Prison-Industrial Complex.  (See their website at: http://www.criticalresistance.org/ )

Now, let's all get out there and BUILD OUR MOVEMENT!!

Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: