This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 02:35:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Big Brother Facebook... The Awakening Continues

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Brother Facebook... The Awakening Continues  (Read 499 times)
JTCoyoté
"Oldyoti"
Administrator

"REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:28:13 am »

The Awakening Continues... as Alex would say.  Grin

Here is an article by the Editor of the Summit Daily News who has awakened BIG TIME since I have been writing for the local rag... Here is his column as posted last week in the Summit Daily News, and today, 8/23/10, on Infowars.

Big Brother Facebook

Alex Miller
SummitDaily.com
August 23, 2010

The introduction of something called Facebook “Places” this week should have everyone just a little bit concerned about where, exactly, this technological world is taking us. As I understand it, users of iPhones can use Places to let people know where they are by “checking in” when they arrive at, say, Moe’s for a beer. Other Places users see you’re there and, voila! Your posse is in place.

How I would have loved this back in my analog high school days, when missing a key phone call on a Friday night could leave me high and dry — something today’s cell-phone wielding teens cannot remotely imagine. Now, Places takes that info-overload a step further, and one can certainly imagine its appeal for the most socially inclined among us.

Of course, there’s a vast potential for misuse of this technology. You could be set upon by...
Read the rest at the links below.

http://www.summitdaily.com/article/20100820/COLUMNS/100819792/1026&parentprofile=1058

http://www.infowars.com/big-brother-facebook/?_login=b75aa6b60d/

JTCoyoté

"The common curse of mankind
- folly and ignorance."

~ William Shakespeare
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 04:42:14 am by JTCoyoté » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Donnay
Global Moderator

Live Free or Die...Trying!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 12:45:49 pm »

I am so glad I deleted my account.  I never wanted it in the first place but my family begged me to get on...never again!
Report Spam   Logged

Religions do a useful thing: they narrow God to the limits of man. Philosophy replies by doing a necessary thing: it elevates man to the plane of God.  ~Victor Hugo

Because one doesn't like the way things are is no reason to be unjust towards God.  ~Victor Hugo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: