This Forum is Closed
April 16, 2024, 03:16:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Local Cops Beginning to Bug Me, Using Interesting Tactics

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Cops Beginning to Bug Me, Using Interesting Tactics  (Read 431 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2010, 03:55:18 am »

My local police department has (have) recently hired a bunch of new cops, many of whom seem to find me an easy target.  I'm not claiming that I'm being targeted on the basis of my political opinions (indeed, I believe these new cops to be totally unaware of my political opinions), but, rather, on the basis of my physical appearance (which owes much to the late 1980's/early 1990's Seattle Grunge look).  To be fair, there are a large number of panhandlers (beggars) in my neighborhood, but I've taken this harassment even when I've been walking out of fairly pricey grocery stores with full bags.

What makes this post potentially important is the tactics they use to harass me; they either charge up with their cruisers to a position alongside me, or they pull up across my path and give me dirty looks.  Either way, any consequent confrontation is obviously meant to occur outside the field of view of their dash-cams.  (I avoid such confrontations by realizing that they lack reasonable suspicion and, if they charge up alongside me, ignoring them, or, if they pull up across my path and give me dirty looks, I return their dirty looks (a doggy-dominance thing) while walking right past them, while adopting a military posture and a mental attitude of I OWN THIS STREET, DARNIT!!!, and breaking eye contact with a disgusted roll of my eyes only when I'm well past the front of the cruiser (I always pass in front of the cruiser, even if I originally intended to turn alongside the cruiser, for dash-cam purposes.)

I hope noone else ever needs this post to get past such a confrontation, but, if needed, my advice, based on humiliating experience, is here for you to read (and you've just read it).

Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: