Wikileaks Julian Assange **** accuser is CIA Operative

<< < (4/6) > >>

Dok:
Wikileaks man says Pentagon may be behind **** claims



STOCKHOLM (AFP) – Wikileaks founder Julian Assange said in an interview published on Sunday that he believes the Pentagon could be behind a **** accusation against him that was later dropped by Swedish prosecutors.

The country's prosecution service meanwhile justified the chaotic situation when authorities first issued an arrest warrant for the Australian whistleblower late on Friday night but then withdrew it the following day.

The Aftonbladet newspaper quoted Assange, 39, as saying he did not know who was "hiding behind" the claims, which came amid a stand-off with Washington over the website's publication of secret Afghan war documents.

Assange said he was shocked by the allegations against him and that he had never had sexual relations with anybody in a way that was not consensual, the tabloid said.

But he said that he had been warned previously that groups such as the Pentagon "could use dirty tricks" to destroy Wikileaks -- adding that he had been particularly warned against being entrapped by sexual scandals.

Assange told Aftonbladet that despite the lifting of the warrant, his enemies would still use the claims to damage Wikileaks, which is set to publish thousands more secret papers about the war in Afghanistan in coming weeks.

He refused to give more details about the two women whose claims sparked the furore, saying that it would impinge on their privacy.

Prosecutors said Saturday that Assange was now "not suspected of ****" and was no longer wanted for questioning on the charge, but added that an investigation into a separate molestation charge remained open.

Assange, Wikileaks website and his aides have strongly denied all the claims.

He had been in Sweden earlier this month giving a press conference on the upcoming release of the last batch of Afghanistan documents, but he generally remains on the move around the world staying with supporters.

The Swedish prosecutor's office issued a statement on Sunday defending its actions.

It said that chief prosecutor Eva Finne, who was responsible for withdrawing the arrest warrant, had "more information available to decide on Saturday than the duty prosecutor on Friday evening."

"A decision regarding restrictive measures, such as this, must always be reevaluated in a preliminary inquiry," the statement added.

The spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office, Karin Rosander, told AFP late Saturday that the procedure followed was normal and would have been launched automatically by the duty prosecutor in serious cases such as ****.

In an interview in the Expressen newspaper, which broke the story, duty prosecutor Maria Haljebo Kjellstrand said that she "did not regret her decision".

The two women who originally made the claims did not make an official complaint and it was the police who took the decision to inform the prosecutors office, she said.

"I received a report from the police which seemed to me to be sufficient to arrest him. On Friday evening I got a call from the police describing what the women said. The information I received was convincing enough for me to take my decision," Hljebo Kjellstrand was quoted as saying.

WikiLeaks has already released nearly 77,000 secret papers about the war against the Taliban and Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, sparking charges that it had endangered the lives of informants and others named therein.

The website says it had repeatedly asked the Pentagon for help analysing the remaining documents, and Assange has said he wants to avoid publishing the "names of innocent parties that are under reasonable threat".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100822/en_afp/swedencrimeintelligenceinternetwikileaks_11

Dok:
Assange says 'enemies' to blame for **** claim

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange resurfaced yesterday to dismiss as a smear a false **** claim that led to a warrant for his arrest being issued over the weekend then dropped just hours later. But as he remained under investigation in Sweden over a separate allegation of sexual molestation, one of his accusers gave her side of the story to a Swedish newspaper.

The man behind the controversial website that last month released more than 76,000 classified documents about the war in Afghanistan – and plans to release a further 15,000 in the coming weeks – had been visiting Sweden in an effort to secure legal protection for WikiLeaks.

The alleged sexual assault is claimed to have been committed in a Stockholm apartment on the night of 13 August; the discredited **** accusation centred around the nearby city of Enköping. A warrant for Mr Assange's arrest was issued on Friday, and Swedish police are understood to have been searching for him for some 18 hours before the charge was dropped on Saturday afternoon.

After becoming the public face of WikiLeaks in recent months, Mr Assange had admitted he was expecting personal attacks as part of an effort by the political establishment to discredit him. He said he had been warned about "sex traps" and believed the allegations would do "great harm".

He told the Aftonbladet newspaper: "There have been headlines all over the world about my being accused of ****. They won't just disappear. And I know by experience that WikiLeaks' enemies will continue to bandy around things even after they have been renounced. I don't know who's behind this but we have been warned that, for example, the Pentagon plans to use dirty tricks to spoil things for us."

Mr Assange refused to clarify whether he had in fact had sex during his stay in Sweden, saying he did not want to "drag people's private lives through the dirt". But he said he had "never, whether in Sweden or in any other country, had sex with anyone in a way that is not founded on mutual consent."

The anonymous woman accusing Mr Assange of molestation – a term that covers a broad range of offences involving inappropriate physical contact under Swedish law, and can result in fines or up to one year in prison – denied that she was part of a conspiracy. "The charges against Assange are of course neither staged by the Pentagon nor someone else," she said. "The responsibility for what happened to me and the other girl lies with a man who has a skewed perception of women and who has problems taking no for an answer."

Yet she seemed to contradict this by adding: "It is completely wrong to say that we would be afraid of Assange and therefore did not want to report him. He is not violent and I do not feel threatened by him."

The woman told Aftonbladet that both cases had involved mutually consensual sex which had escalated into assaults. "The other woman wanted to report ****," she said. "I gave my story as testimony to her story and to support her. I immediately believed her story, since it was very similar to the experiences I had myself."

A spokesperson for the Swedish prosecuter, Karin Rosander, told The Independent: "I'm not surprised that these rumours come up regarding this very well-known person." But she defended the move to place Mr Assange under arrest, saying the warrant was issued late on Friday by an on-call prosecutor. "The prosecutor who took over the case had more information, and that is why she made a different assessment than the on-call prosecutor."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/assange-says-enemies-to-blame-for-****-claim-2059354.html

Donnay:
Swedish prosecutor resurrects Wikileaks sex case

A Swedish prosecutor says she has enough evidence to continue investigating a molestation allegation against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, days after deciding not to open a **** probe against him.

"The suspicion against him remains," chief prosecutor Eva Finne said following days of deliberation.

Swedish prosecutors on Friday night issued an arrest warrant for Assange over an allegation of ****, but Ms Finne abruptly withdrew it on Saturday, saying new information had come to light.

"Assange is no longer suspected of **** but the charges against him concerning the crime of molesting (sic) is still a fact," she said.

Ms Finne said she had looked into whether the discarded **** charges should be reduced to suspicion of a lesser crime, but had decided that in that particular case "there are no grounds to suspect a crime".

Mr Assange, a 39-year-old Australian, has said the claims are part of a "smear campaign" aimed at discrediting his whistleblowing website, which is locked in a row with the Pentagon over the release of secret US documents about the war in Afghanistan.

WikiLeaks published nearly 77,000 classified US military documents on the war in Afghanistan on July 23 and has said it will publish another 15,000 within the next couple of weeks.

The site, which has also previously leaked information leading to shocking revelations in places ranging from Iraq to Iceland, has also said it will release a leaked CIA paper, without providing further details.

Mr Assange has hired one of Sweden's top defence attorneys, Leif Silbersky, who has described the whole case as "scandalous".

"He has been stigmatised around the whole world as a rapist and then, when a competent prosecutor looks into the case, it is boiled down to the lowest level of criminality," he told the TT news agency.

- AFP

ShadowBroker:
Operation flicker
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2010/07/23/pentagon_workers_tied_to_child_porn/
http://cryptome.org/dodi/op-flicker.zip

Maybe some off these folks are involved in spreading rumors about Assange.

Anyway I share the same suspicion as John Joung on wikileaks.
This kind of videos are used in recruitment videos for the military.
Also the illusion that Assange have to travel around the world to stay out of sight is rather ridiculous. Do he travel by plane? If so, he can't be that hard to catch.

ShadowBroker:
 I also want to add that maybe Assange is a leftist hoax. A guy made for satisfying the leftists folks carvings for antiwar news reports in the mainstream media. And at the same time build trust into mainstream media. Making an illusion that the mainstream media is covering controversial stuff.

Why didn't the mainstream media pick up ambassador Craig Murray story?
http://www.therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=4394
http://www.therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=4385

Instead they send "military recruitment videos"* that we all have seen before from the war in Iraq and Bosnia.
*Many right wing folks seems to get excited by seeing things blown up. The military know, that is why they are using these videos in recruitment videos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page