This Forum is Closed
March 29, 2024, 12:35:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

ARECIBO Telescope's Proprietor SRI now on Climate-Change Bandwagon with NASA

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARECIBO Telescope's Proprietor SRI now on Climate-Change Bandwagon with NASA  (Read 2140 times)
Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2012, 07:07:52 am »

“Black Marble”: Stunning Views of the Earth at Night

http://www.sri.com/blog/black-marble-stunning-views-earth-night
Thu Dec 13, 2012

This composite image of the world, called the “Black Marble,” was taken with the day-night band of NASA’s Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS). The day-night band sensor in the instrument was designed and developed by SRI using the latest extended dynamic range charge-coupled device (CCD) technology that can capture the finest details, even in low-light conditions.

These stunning images allow us to study in detail the impact of global climate change. Atmospheric scientists can use this new capability to observe and catalog changes that were once lost to darkness, such as weather patterns and clouds at night. The technology can help scientists to observe active wildfires, vegetation and ocean color changes.

View more Black Marble images on NASA's website.

Is this also about viewing the Idealist DIMMING of our PLANET, as the lights of CIVILISATION GO OUT?
The scientific observation is all about a 'measurement' of infra-red heat and/or ambient heat emissions from seas, lakes, atmosphere but by simple inference also from cities, and industrialised areas.

SRI is a $585Million/yr, 2500 workforce strong Non-Profit Organisation taking just 1% of NSF funding for an Admirable(!) 90% of DoD and Federal Government financial Awards!
JG often gets a sick to his gut feeling when reading about America! I'm either jealous, or it just turns my stomach!

(JG is a Lancashire-born Electronics/Physics/Computing/Telecomms/Polymath Autodedact Nurdy Guitar-fiend & Major-League Loser, with own telescope & sandwiches.
He fell off the Earth around 1981 & was not seen again until found in his Deceased Dad's bed in April 1993
).

What a life they made for JG! Yippee! JG sees why some would clasify 'Science' as ELITIST. He did just now.
That's the problem!!! True science can be brilliantly satisfying as we've seen with JG's news about the MASER
discovered by a man using eBay parts and his spare parts box, albeit at our National Physical Laboratory. That, if applicable could utterly revolutionise our abilities for even amateur astronomers with small dish antennae to listen into deep space, hear the quasars, and pulsars and what-not.

Looking for signs of intelligent life in all the wrong Places? - Arecibo, Puerto-Rico.

Technology is what defines Mankinds' adaptation to his environment and advancement of technology has taken us from living under cow-hides in a field to planning settlements on other worlds. It's inevitable and it's GOD'S Gift to us.

Science has been Hi-Jacked by POWER-AND-CONTROL FREAKS, Ego-maniacs, Government & Bankers and in particular the Military who finance so-called 'civilian oriented science' whatever ... It's heart-breaking actually for JG. But JG has "the healthiest heart ever seen in this hospital" according to the Cardiac Surgeons at the Local Royal Infirmary when he went in with chest pains in 2009. And they both were from Eastern-Europe. Musculo-Skeletal pain that's all. And I believe them. There's no stopping me. I know this. I feel that. Something has got to happen. And happen pretty soon.

JG wants to CLAIM-BACK PART OF SCIENCE as GIFTED BY OUR GOD.
— He's qualifed enough and smart enough? Perhaps! "Small-steps, sparks, small-steps".

The human race truly is "capable of such beautiful visions, but such terrible nightmares".
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:00:50 pm by Jonnie Goodboy » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: