This Forum is Closed
April 16, 2024, 04:39:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Close your Own Website. The Coming Maoist control system! Pave the SOPA Highway.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Close your Own Website. The Coming Maoist control system! Pave the SOPA Highway.  (Read 698 times)
Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2012, 01:39:40 am »

STOP SOPA: Why MichaelMoore.com Will Be Blacked Out Wednesday, January 18th ...a note from Michael Moore

Tuesday, January 17th, 2012

Friends,

My websites MichaelMoore.com and Mike's High School Newspaper will both be going dark for 24 hours starting at midnight tonight in protest of the Stop Online Piracy Act now before Congress. I'm proud to join with Wikipedia, Reddit, Boing Boing and thousands of websites in this action to raise awareness of this huge threat to an open internet.

I think we all knew that the powers-that-be would eventually try to kill the world wide web as we've come to know and love it. I'm sure it's just an accident that these bills are being proposed after a year where uprisings around the world were literally started on the internet. This is a scary device to those in power and I'm sure they rue the day they allowed us to talk freely to each other. They weren't thinking about the revolution that would cause -- they just saw it as a way to sell more stuff. Oops. And now they want to rein it in.

Please take the time to learn about SOPA (and its twin Senate bill, PIPA) and then call AND fax AND email your Representative and Senators tomorrow. Let's melt their phone lines and computers. We've got to use the internet while we still can to organize, fight back and stop this.

The good news is the Obama administration says it doesn't support the bills in their current form (but he said that about the National Defense Authorization Act -- and then went ahead and signed it after changes that still left its most dangerous provisions intact).

We can win this. But we've got to pour it on right now. I'll see you on the other side tomorrow night at midnight!

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@MichaelMoore.com
@MMFlint
MichaelMoore.com

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:13:59 am by Jonnie Goodboy » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:47:08 am »

AND JUST TO PROVE MY INSTINCT ON THIS WAS RIGHT:

Senator Lieberman:

"China currently has the power to disconnect parts of its internet in times of (cyber)war; - we (US - read 'and allies') need to have that too"

At end here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSxuipta40&feature=player_embedded

Get it? It's a bill not designed at hitting pirates so much as a 'KILL-SWITCH' for any part of the internet or aspects thereof, that Homeland Security deem a risk to NATIONAL SECURITY, depending on the manufactured risk at hand.

Well, it is actually that bad. You don't think they're going to sit and wait for a cyber-attack that may or may not be sufficient 'just cause' to censor the interwest do you; when a bespoke one could be manufactured? (sic).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:53:47 am by Jonnie Goodboy » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: