This Forum is Closed
April 19, 2024, 09:21:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Stephen Hawking Screws Up Royally

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephen Hawking Screws Up Royally  (Read 590 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:41:10 pm »

I've always admired Michio Kaku, Professor of Theoretical Physics at City College, and star of several science TV shows.  I've always noticed that we seem to think alike in a lot of ways.  Well, tonight I found how much we think alike.  I was watching "Curiosity" with Stephen Hawking and I wrote a critique of his conclusions, which I then posted onto a discussion board.  As soon as I'd posted it, Professor Kaku shows up on the screen and says, in slightly different words, exactly the conceptual content of my critique.  It was almost spooky.

The gist of my critique (of which this is actually an expanded version, as my original had to be posted quickly to make sure I received proper credit for originating my ideas (and a good thing, too, as the date-and-time stamp clearly proves I'd posted my piece before Prof. Kaku said his spiel on TV)) is as follows:

Professor Hawking seems to be confusing necessity and possibility, to the extent of deducing that, if it is unnecessary to posit the existence of a supernatural creator, then such must be impossible.  His major error is to point to the lack of existence of time in our universe to show that there was no temporal dimension which would allow for the existence of a creator deity, which, by assuming the existence of our universe to be unique, dismisses the existence of the multiverse, the existence of which I consider to be proven fact.  A theory which requires the dismissal of proven fact isn't science at all, but irrationality bordering on insanity.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: