This Forum is Closed
April 19, 2024, 03:53:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Dark Matter/Dark Energy Hidden Within Alternative Temporal Dimensions?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Matter/Dark Energy Hidden Within Alternative Temporal Dimensions?  (Read 473 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2011, 05:16:03 am »

Let me begin by stating that, by no means do I claim that the mysteries of quantum phenomena need be, nor can be, resolved with reference to alternative temporal dimensions; indeed, I emphatically DENY the validity of any claim of alternative temporal dimensions as a possible explanation for such phenomena, and fully realize that we just have to sharpen our pencils and figure out the math in order to resolve these issues.

This one-sheet exclusively concerns Dark Matter and Dark Energy, and constitutes my attempt to suggest further inquiry into the realms in which they may be hidden.

This idea originated in the course of my preparation of an argument against someone else to remind him that physics, ultimately, is the study of motion.  Motion being the translational displacement of matter/energy through space over time, it occurred to me that, were a universe with three spacial dimensions to exist without motion (and the such is NOT possible: this is a thought experiment, not an hypothesis), there would be no need for time.  Since motion is the product of energy, time is the product of energy.  Therefor, if Dark Matter/Dark Energy exists (as it certainly does), then the alternative Dark Energy can only be driving an alternative temporal dimension.  (Note that I am NOT claiming that there is only one Dark Matter/Dark Energy driving only one alternative temporal dimension (there may be one, a few, or many).  Neither am I claiming that there are no alternative spacial dimensions within our universe: there may or may not be, although it's tempting to point out that Dark Energy/Dark Matter appear to occupy most of our three spacial dimensions, so there's no need to posit the existence of additional spacial dimensions.)

Please note that I'm here making no claim concerning quantum nonlocality, which is the concept of the translational displacement of information across space requiring no passage of time.  Obviously, information is fundamentally different from matter/energy, and its translational displacement does not constitute motion, but another phenomenon known as Quantum Linkage.  This, in turn, suggests the existence of at least one non-spacial, non-temporal dimension.

What to call alternative temporal dimensions?

I suggest Dark Time.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:39:52 am by Bad Penny » Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: