This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 08:22:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

The Dimensions of Our Universe

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dimensions of Our Universe  (Read 479 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2011, 12:12:43 am »

On tonight's episode of the Morgan Freeman show, one of the physicists on the show observed that, at the scale of strings, the universe is one-dimensional.  Once again, electroweak and strong strings are just lines that vibrate (I'm excluding gravitational loops, as they're not bound to this universe (i.e., while they exist within our universe, they're not a constituent part of our universe, nor of any universe, but of multiversal space), which requires only one dimension.  Given that the universe seems to be very economical, logic dictates that, if only one dimension is needed, that's all there is.  Therefor, her observation is somewhat tautological.  But, in arriving there, she uses General Relativity in a manner which seems to strongly support the idea that our universe is a holographic projection from a two-dimensional universe.  This changes my whole thinking: I told you earlier that the chances between the universe being a holographic projection from a two-dimensional universe and being a universe with three physical dimensions was 50-50, but, after hearing her, I now rate those chances as 80-20.  This, of course, is invalid for interuniversal space (which MUST have at least three physical dimensions), and not necessarily valid for universes other than our own (as they may have different physics entirely).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:41:26 am by Bad Penny » Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: