This Forum is Closed
March 29, 2024, 02:42:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

New Info re: Mafia Narcotics Trafficking

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Info re: Mafia Narcotics Trafficking  (Read 413 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:51:29 am »

I've just finished watching a special on the National Geographic channel entitled: "Inside the Mafia".

Someone on that program(me) (I didn't catch the name) said that Carmine Galante's autopsy confirmed the presence of five different calibers of ammo in his body.

The traditional story is that Galante's bodyguards had deserted him just before his assassination, but, seeing as only three gunmen were seen entering the restaurant (Joe and Mary's Italian-American Restaurant in Brooklyn, NY), the program(me) strongly suggested that the bodyguards were not only present, but served as extra gunmen.

This revelation has MASSIVE implications, as it demonstrates that the international narcotics smuggling ring organized by the then-leadership of the Luciano/Genovese Family, which actually bypassed their own family to install the Magaddino/Bonanno Family Complex (through Carmine Galante) as the primary conductor of Asian narcotics into North America, wouldn't tolerate any interference from native-born American Mafiosi in operations conducted by the Sicilian Mafia.

The deal is this: Carmine Galante wanted to be the sole drug lord in the United States, and believed himself to the the boss of the Magaddino/Bonanno Family Complex (now the Magaddino/Bonanno/Rizzuto Family Complex, due to Galante's Montreal connections), instead of the Commission-approved Phillip "Rusty" Rastelli.  Apparently, someone felt threatened by Galante's power-grab.

Or, perhaps, Galante, having organized the Mexico-to-Montreal narcotics trafficking corridor, was simply a man who knew too much.  The fact that his assassination occurred so soon after his release from prison lends credibility to this hypothesis.

I'm also wondering just why Stefano Magaddino considered it so important to keep control over the Bonanno Family of Brooklyn (essentially a daughter family of the Magaddino Family which emerged from the Castellamarese War, itself the product of interfamily animosity evident as early as the "Barrel Murder of 1903", committed by Giuseppe Morello (co-founder (with Vito Cascio-Ferro) of the Luciano/Genovese/Lucchese Family Complex)), to the point of allegedly kidnapping Joseph Bonanno in 1964?

Do you get my drift?

Once-warring Mafia organizations start turning buddies (even to the point of bosses betraying their own families on behalf of other, traditionally enemy, families) as soon as narcotics enter the picture, and once-esteemed Mafia bosses suddenly start getting pushed aside at about the same time.

Any thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: