This Forum is Closed
April 19, 2024, 05:04:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Oops! I Maked a Big Mistook re: Stability in Interuniversal Space

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oops! I Maked a Big Mistook re: Stability in Interuniversal Space  (Read 766 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2011, 03:10:42 am »

I took a second look at my cosmology, and I realize that I made a tremendous mistake when I dismissed my original theory about the possibility of paired universes due to the fact that I couldn't make a stable system out of that setup.

It was, of course, a fundamental error on my part to assume that interuniversal stability was required of the multiverse.  The known universe is unstable everywhere, so there's absolutely no reason for me to have rejected my original theory on the basis of the unfounded and unnecessary assumption that stability was required within interuniversal space.

This reasoning also partly contradicts Professor Marsini-Houghton's "hotel room" concept, as, although each universe must begin on its own energy point ("hotel room"), there's nothing that necessarily prevents the guest in the next room from digging a hole through the wall into your room.  In other words, universes may collide.

Very embarrassing for me, a guy who prides himself on his clarity of thinking, particularly as I'd already discussed the possibility of the motion of universes through interuniversal space, seeing as motion itself is necessarily the result of instability   Embarrassed

Therefore, I've rejected my new forulation, and have revised my original one: that the distribution of universes in interuniversal space is non-uniform, which fact does not preclude the possibility of the pairing of universes (i.e., a level of orgainisation intermediate in scale between the universe and the multiverse may exist).

Hope I got it right this time!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:46:00 am by Bad Penny » Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:23:48 am »

...You are so right there son! A fundamental Mistake ... I couldn't have put it more plainly!
Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 04:45:58 am »

Two Tenners:

I'm just making an honest attempt to get it right.

Can you lighten up a little?
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: