This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 06:24:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

New Discussion With Relative re: Importance of Knowledge

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Discussion With Relative re: Importance of Knowledge  (Read 403 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:42:05 am »

Here's her part:

Oh, I have no problem with physics being valuable.  I guess I don't think Faraday sent probes into outer space, or explored other planets, physically, or constructed space stations to study the universe.  I mean, what have we gained by doing all this extra-terrestrial stuff?

And here's my response:

What we've gained with all this extra-terrestrial stuff is knowledge.  Knowledge is the most important thing in the multiverse: after all, one of the primary properties of electroweakness is its conservation of information.  Knowledge is worth any expense.  One may ask why not use all that money to feed the poor, but the more you understand how this world is organized the more you'll understand that most of the world's hunger is deliberately inflicted by our rulers as a weapon against a humanity that they despise, because humanity's very creativity and spontaneity are a threat to their power.  They control the quest for knowledge, but free humanity can benefit from this knowledge, like a guerrilla supplying himself with weapons and ammo from enemy dead.

In other words, there's no excuse NOT to go extra-terrestrial to seek knowledge.  I believe that God created this multiverse not just for us to live in, but for us to know, that we might know Him better.  OK, so I may be something of a hippie (as you can tell from the fact that I'm a Status Quo fan), but I'll definitely defend the idea that the fundamental organizing principle of the multiverse is love.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: