This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 01:41:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Psychedelic Music ISN'T Just About Drugs: Monastic Plainsong is a Case on Point!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychedelic Music ISN'T Just About Drugs: Monastic Plainsong is a Case on Point!  (Read 698 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2011, 02:07:42 am »

The purpose of psychedelic music is to alter one's state of awareness.

Drugs are NOT NOT NOT necessary to such an experience.

Monastic plainsong is an obvious example of psychedelic music which certainly predates LSD.  I'm here going to attempt to provide an anthology of monastic plainsong from as many of the world's religions for which I can provide examples.

Let me begin with an example from my own Roman Catholic faith:

Let me continue with an example from Hinduism (although this isn't my favorite version of this particular chant):

Here's an example from Tibetan Buddhism (sorry for the brevity of the video: such plainsong usually lasts quite a long time, but this was just the best example I could find on Youtube):

And, finally, for those of us who just love the electric stuff from the 1960's, here's a great video:

Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:42:09 am »

This person wouldn't want to be openly expounding his Roman Catholic faith today, if he was a resident of east Belfast during the last 48-hrs.

There is a VERY STRONG possiblility that the revisitation of violence to the streets of N.I. is going to expand into a death spiral for the Province since the Police as it stands are bound and tied by so-called 'human-rights' legislation according to a wife of a Police Officer there, speaking on Radio Londonderry this morning, that if the police so much as brush up against somebody these-days they have to file so much paper-work from complaints.

I think it's finally hit the fan ... and people share my beliefs that coming under attack continuously and without police reaction or intervention for long-enough can only lead in a sectarian enthused society run by police tolerated and embedded criminals to, in all conventional or rational profiles of behaviour, to a culture of recrimination ...

People under attack should be given help, not humoured and used as gladatorial sport and entertainment for the onlookers, dispossesed police officers and even rubber neckers, who have been blamed by the way for turning up in carloads to watch the rioting of the last two-days, thus possibly, but only slightly possibly, leading to inflated reports of numbers involved in the sectarian violence and knee-capping...
Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:34:54 pm »

That's a real shame.  When I was a kid, I wanted to be a naval architect, and working for Harland and Wolff was my dream.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: