This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 01:47:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Anybody Up for a Discussion re: Physical Properties of Interuniversal Space?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody Up for a Discussion re: Physical Properties of Interuniversal Space?  (Read 794 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2011, 12:46:12 am »

After writing my last post, I got to thinking about the physical properties of interuniversal space.  I came to the conclusion that, based on the evidence for gravitational attraction being exerted upon our universe by another, nearby universe, it would appear that interuniversal space is transparent to, and non-destructive of, gravitation strings.  Now, while interuniversal gravitational attraction might be alternatively accounted for by reference to quantum non-locality. quantum non-locality cannot account for Brian Green's idea of the interuniversal migration of gravitation strings, which requires physical movement through interuniversal space.  Therefor, interuniversal space contains gravitation strings.  The ultimate conclusion to be drawn from this line of reasoning is that, whatever interuniversal space may be, it isn't nothing.

Further, the fact of interuniversal gravitational attraction operating upon our own universe in a asymmetrical manner implies that the distribution of universes in interuniversal space is non-uniform, unless, of course, all universes are paired, in which case geminate universes may or may not be uniformly distributed.

Any thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 02:13:48 am »

One further physical property of interuniversal space:

If the electroweak force is bound to all universes the same way it's bound to our universe (which seems, to me, to be extremely likely, as the elemental properties of fundamental particles are extremely likely to be innate to those particles, and immutable), then interuniversal space is very likely opaque to electroweak strings, thus possessing a temperature of 0 degrees Kelvin (i.e., absolute zero).
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
I ain't going backwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 01:39:29 am »

Forget my twin universe idea: there was no way I could make that a stable state.  That other universe is either going to collide with ours or is just going to pass us by.  (Be patient: we'll know which of the two possibilities is actually the case in a few billion years!)

Therefor, the distribution of universes in interuniversal space is non-uniform.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:25:29 am by Bad Penny » Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
I ain't going backwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 12:52:38 am »

The woman from "Toronto" (actually Tirana, Albania (sorry: I misheard!  Embarrassed )) is Laura Mersini-Houghton, who got her Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (my hometown!).  She's with the Department of Physics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, one of the very few institutions in our universe which I'll admit is almost as good as my alma mater, the University of Wisconsin at Madison.

Secondly, Dark Flow (the migration of galaxy clusters in our universe towards the "cold spot" in the Cosmic Background Radiation, which constitutes the primary evidence for a nearby neighbo(u)ring universe) is the product of an observation made by Sasha Kashlinsky of the Robert H. Goddard Spaceflight Center in Maryland.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
I ain't going backwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: