This Forum is Closed
April 19, 2024, 04:41:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

A Couple of Suggestions for Effective Activity

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Couple of Suggestions for Effective Activity  (Read 414 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:28:26 am »

Never say that I only complain about problems without offering solutions, as this post contains nothing but solutions.

First, this Monday (which would have been my father's 84th birthday), PBS' "American Experience" show will broadcast an episode entitled "Freedom Riders", about the 1960's civil rights activists who integrated interstate bus facilities in the south.  It's an excellent example of non-violent resistance and amateur self-organization, which is what the Constitutionalist movement is all about.  Here's the trailer:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/freedomriders/watch

I'm not only going to watch this show, I'm going to positively study it, and I'm encouraging everyone I know to do the same.

Second, I managed to amaze myself with the success of a little poster campaign I concocted the night Obama began lyin' re: Osama bin Laden.  My poster read as follows (sorry for the pompous language, but this is what I was able to pound into my keyboard when I was bleary-eyed at three in the morning):

OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD!

THIS IS THE END OF THE "GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR"!

(That line originally read: "Thus ends the "Global War on Terror"!", but, even at three in the morning, that proved too pompous to pass!)

NOW IS THE TIME FOR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL TO CEASE AND DESIST FROM TERRORIZING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF "HOMELAND SECURITY"!

NOW IS THE TIME FOR LEGAL CONSEQUENCES TO ENSUE FOR (that last word should, of course, have been "from", but, as I said, this was three in the morning) THE ACTIONS OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PERSONNEL IN FURTHERANCE OF THE "GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR", WHICH CRIMINALLY CULPABLE ACTIONS (once again, should read "acts") INCLUDE THE TORTURE OF PRISONERS OF WAR AND THE SEXUAL MOLESTATION OF AMERICAN CHILDREN ON AMERICAN SOIL!

www.infowars.com

Stealing a move from Martin Luther, I even posted a couple of these on the doors of the Federal building.

The posters stayed up much longer than I thought they would (a few are still up), and there were Homeland Security police cruisers, manned and with engines running, guarding the Federal building for a whole week after my little poster campaign.  (Isn't it positively insane how terrified of tiny little me the mighty Federal government is?  Nevertheless, I am thrilled with the idea that my little action may have diverted Federal resources away from criminal shenanigans.)

I also emailed my poster to other antiwar organizations.  To my knowledge, none of them picked up my poster, but, hey, I tried.

The essential point I'm trying to get across is to not wait for orders from headquarters (as Alex Jones would say), but to get going, even if you have to be a one-man or one-woman revolution (like the famous song by "The Nightwatchman" says).

Cheers, blessings, and liberty to you and yours!
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: