This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 02:01:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Royal Wedding: Morganatic Marriage

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Wedding: Morganatic Marriage  (Read 1545 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2011, 01:45:45 am »

There has been much speculation in the blogosphere as to whether the marriage between Prince William and Katherine Middleton will be morganatic in nature.  (For those of you not born or raised into cultures with a monarchical tradition, the definition of a Morganatic marriage is, concerning the marriage of an aristocrat with a non-aristocrat, the non-aristocrat could not marry the aristocrat unless she (the wife was usually the social inferior) agreed that she would not become Queen, and her children would not be included within the aristocratic line of succession.)  While it is generally agreed that such has never been the law in Great Britain, questions have arisen as to the eligibility of Mrs. Wallis Simpson and Mrs. Camilla Parker-Bowles for coronation as Queen of England upon their husbands' succession to the throne.  The fact is, neither of these women were eligible for succession, not as a result of their common birth, but as a result of their ineligibility to marry due to their already having been married (notice the title Mrs. before each of these women's names), with their ex-husbands still living.  (Don't forget that, traditionally, only the husband (a la Henry VIII), could sue for divorce.)  As Kate Middleton has never been married, her marriage will not be morganatic; she will become queen, and her children will inherit.

The final death blow to the entire concept of the morganatic marriage was probably delivered by the bullets of Gavrillo Princip, the Serbian-state-supported Bosnian terrorist who assassinated the Hapsburg Archduke Franz Ferdinand, and his morganatic wife, Countess Sophia.  The fact that this couple, known to be madly in love, lay in state with Countess Sophia's coffin being visibly lower than her husband's, disgusted commoner and aristocrat alike.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:02:45 pm »

Verwy interwestink! Verwy, verwy interwestink !!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:34:17 am by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
Rebelitarian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 05:06:30 pm »

A big waste of time and money.

They should be putting that money into their economy.
Report Spam   Logged
mbalegria

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 10:00:28 am »

That was their tradition and it isn't a waste of money. That's why it's called ROYAL they've got lots of money. I'm sorry it's my opinion
Report Spam   Logged

Expect the Unexpected
Rebelitarian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 05:16:24 pm »

They are young and hopefully they'll see that the world resents their elitist relatives and work towards benevolence.

I don't see Kate going down the eugenic path as say Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands.

The authoritarianism aint going to fly in the 21st Century world-wide.

They would be wise to remember that.
Report Spam   Logged
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 02:10:15 am »

Two Tenners:

Let's see: in the past few days, you've made a crude sexual comment to Amazon, and you've ridiculed me on account of my class, and, now, you've done the same on account of my ethnicity.  It seems to me that you have some work to do on your own head!

Fine!  I don't care!  One of my favorite accomplishments of the old Hapsburg Empire (besides Franz Kafka and Wolfgand Amodeus Mozart) is the technical perfection of the Albatross D5a, the finest fighter plane of it's era.  And here's a little song lyric I wrote, to the tune of your own ethnic group's band, the Beatles' "Back in the USSR":

Took the train to Budapest from Duesseldorf
The station's coming into sight
On the way the phrasebook shivers in my hands
Hungarian's a dreadful fright

I'm back in the Ay-yay-H-E
You don't know how lucky you'll be
Back in the Ay-yay-H-E!

The Viennese girls really knock me out
They leave the west behind
And Budapest girls make me sing and shout
And Temesvar is always on my my my my my my my mind

Let me have some Wiener Schnitzel for my meal
Washed down with some Tokay wine
Pilsner beer just gives you an amazing feel
And gulyas sure tastes mighty fine!

I'm back in the Ay-yay-H-E
You don't know how lucky you'll be
Back in the Ay-yay-H-E!

Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
I ain't going backwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 04:57:57 am »

Rebelitarian:

Agreed!

And I further hope that this nice young couple will embrace the ideas of the Constitution of the United States of America, which was founded, in major part, upon Thomas Jefferson's study of the egalitarian Proto-West-Germanic society (ancestral to the English, Dutch, German, and Yiddish societies (aw, man, why can't you get decent German or Yiddish food in NYC anymore?Huh?  BAAAAWWWWW!!!!!)), right down to the six-mile square township of the Northwest Territories Ordinance of 1787, which was based upon the Proto-West-Germanic concept of the "hundred", which was a unit of land (in North Western Europe) with arable land, forested land, streams, ponds, marshes, and what not sufficient to support one hundred families, approximately extending to six statute miles to a side.

Another major basis of the Constitution of the United States of America was the federal system originated by the Six Nations' Confederacy of Upstate New York, sometimes referred to as the "Iroquois Empire".  This Native American political system was so exciting that it provided the basis, not only for the federal United States of America, but also for the Swiss Federal government in Europe!  (The Swiss love their liberty and their guns!)

Cheers!
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
I ain't going backwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Rebelitarian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 06:10:44 pm »

You can't get decent anything in NYS anymore cuz they are literally taxing themselves into a 4th world nation but everyone is still convinced the service sector economy will save them.   Grin

That and many NY-ers are a bunch of know it alls.

Besides the underground economy, drugs, guns, prostitution, gambling etc. is what is keeping NY afloat anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: