This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 05:40:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

OK, So I'm Not Totally Giving Up On Science Television, But...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, So I'm Not Totally Giving Up On Science Television, But...  (Read 475 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:42:42 am »

I  just saw a program on the National Geographic Channel entitled: "Search for the Ultimate Survivor", which got a lot right, and a little bit wrong.  The program correctly identified the ancestor of modern man, but erred in claiming the total extinction of Neanderthal Man: HEY, 'SCUSE ME, BUT MY STATUS AS A MEMBER OF THE ALPINE SUBRACE OF THE CAUCASIAN RACE (red hair, short stature, broad face) CLEARLY MARKS ME AS A DESCENDANT OF NEANDERTHAL MAN, SO SHUT UP CONCERNING MY NEANDERTHAL ANCESTORS, YOU STUPID BLEEPETY-BLEEP JERKS!!!!

The most critical error that this program makes is in failing to indicate the fundamental difference between anatomically modern man and the other great apes: the obvious fact of our aquatic adaptation (short, fine body hair, aqueous feces, dilute urine, the dive reflex, the webbing between our fingers and toes which make partial flippers of our hands and feet, the fact that children brought up to swim in seawater from infancy enjoy underwater vision superior to their vision out of water) which explains how we first obtained the protein which allowed our brains to grow: by swallowing fish, oyster, clams, crabs, and the such.

The program hinted at the idea, by showing girls swimming in an athletic competition near the end of the program, but never explicitly enunciated it.

Man, with their huge budgets, why can't science television get it right?Huh???
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: