This Forum is Closed
March 28, 2024, 07:43:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

The Nuclear Nightmare

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nuclear Nightmare  (Read 877 times)
NJTRT

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2011, 04:00:12 pm »

Hi,

I'm with the South New Jersey Tyranny Response Team.  We do some activism and youtube videos and we've made it on allot of the big alternative news sites.

Below is our new video.  Feedback is appreciated!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 02:41:34 pm »

The American Propensity for Self-Promotion around obvious issues knows 'no limits'?

.. When my Mum contracted and then died of Pancreatic Cancer in 1963, and I made a possible link to the Massive Fallout from Britain's original and first Civil Nuclear Reactor "Pile Fire", 60miles up the road, about 4 yrs earlier at 'Calder-Hall'* it was obviously in the back of my mind, intuitively, without scientific education about the subject at that point that Nukes are not safe.

*(subsequently renamed, 'Windscale', then 'Sellafield').

I became enthused with cancer issues, avoiding smoking for at least 35 years, and dedicated many adventures to investigating and doing radiation surveys, published in a National Newspaper in later years.

But since 1979, with Three-Mile Island, (an event that occured 3 months after the release of the Jack Lemon movie "The China Syndrome"), and then with Chernobyl, it should be obvious that Nuclear Power is at least 'playing with the fire of prometheus'.

However, many of the American friends I gained at the period of the 70's who were some of the world's most outspoken anti-nuclear activists, whom were linked with hippy Lawyer Albert Bates and the 'SHUTDOWN' hearings in the Supreme US court, quickly became turncoats, because of their 'hippyish' roots, using the anti-nuclear card primarily to argue for a de-industrialisation of the US and indeed eventually the whole western world, with fervour, and also today they now support the vain assumptions of the 'Peak Oil' marginalists.

What is your take on the balance required between unbridled industrial expansion that Nuclear Civil Power can promise and once did, and the Safety issues? Is such a trade-off ever worth it?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:54:42 pm by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2
EvadingGrid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:11:05 am »

What is your take on the balance required between unbridled industrial expansion that Nuclear Civil Power can promise and once did, and the Safety issues? Is such a trade-off ever worth it?

It is a problem. It should not be a problem to safely construct and manage plants, but it is a massive problem.

The problem is not really technical, but whom to trust. The Govts can not be trusted to run a plant, all they will do is use it as a cover story for bomb making, and the Corps are souless demons that are also completely untrustworthy.

Report Spam   Logged
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 04:58:53 am »

Hey, Two Tenners:

I'm an an American hippie (to a certain extent) myself, and I'm not advocating the de-industrialization of the US.

As a peace offering, here's yet another little piece of American hippie culture: (OK, so it has a lot of photos of Grace, but the female singer in this song is actually our beloved Signe:

Anyways, there's realy no reason to have nuclear power plants anywhere on earth, given the safety of clean-burning coal plants and the plentiful global supply of coal.  My chief concern here is for the criminal neglect of safety among coal mine operators in the US, apparent from the film "Harlan County USA" available here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pa80stR7U0&feature=related

(You see, most American hippies derive from the middle class, whereas I'm a working class boy, which I believe makes a difference.)

And I can definitely sympathize with your life story, as my family moved out of my neighborhood in Milwaukee in 1972, and, in the ten years following that move, every single housewife in that neighborhood died of cancer.  My own mother didn't (she died of an obviously genetically caused disease decades later), so whatever was buried beneath that neighborhood obviously didn't spring a leak until after my family moved out.
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: