This Forum is Closed
March 29, 2024, 01:10:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

Philosophical Question: Does Good Need Evil? (Mk II)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Philosophical Question: Does Good Need Evil? (Mk II)  (Read 718 times)
Bad Penny

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:50:59 am »

(I originally posted this piece with the wrong video attached, which all of you seem to have received, so I’ve deleted my original post, and kindly request that you accept this as my intended post on this subject.)

By now, the NWO has shown us all that evil cannot tolerate the existence of good, as such would prove an irrefutable rebuke to the power to which evil so jealously clings.  As Alex has pointed out many time, true power lies with those who desire no power, but only goodness and truth.

But, is a happy human life as a good person possible without struggle against evil?

I mean, if evil shuns the light of goodness, doesn't goodness require constant struggle against evil in order to define itself?

Here's (pardonnez-moi, but, yes, it's yet another hippie song) a piece which seems to address this conundrum of chronic goodness equals insufferable humdrum leading to moral paralysis reconciling itself into community cohesion via conversion into shared guilt over a brief sojourn into evil (this is no idle chatter on my part, as, growing up in the heartland of America, I saw goodness desiring stability convert itself into positive evil in defense of that same stability):

(Sorry to those of you who got the original video unrelated to this piece: if you have the correct version, you should be seeing the 1968 performance by Jefferson Airplane of "Crown of Creation" on the Smothers Brothers' Comedy Hour .)
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

egypt

Love: A Wish to Bestow the Fullness of Joyous Life

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 01:38:40 pm »

It would seem you are right Bad Penny:  Evil does define itself with regard to Good, therefore needing Good to represent itself.

For me, it goes to the powers of both involved.  Evil is the "misuse" of spiritual power.  Evil-doers argue differently, of course.  The ultimate is to create willing victims to their torture, horror & human sacrifice.  This is a glorious accomplishment in their service of "me."

It seems that the Good cares and loves "all," and promotes "well-being."  It seems the Evil loves "me" and promotes "death."  From this standpoint, to me, the Evil is the abomination, not the reality.  If everyone were to become Evil, who would serve as the victims when they are all dead?  Blatantly, death is about non-existence.   Huh?

Here is a fascinating video I watched last night: http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/

It will be most interesting to see what happens every 20 days from Feb 10, 2011 + what happens on October 28, 2011 + December 21 or 23, 2011.

Love, e
Report Spam   Logged

I fight for that One Family.

That one Family who is not next in line for the ravages of New World Order.

It will stop.  That One Family who was "next" will be FREE !
Rebelitarian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:45:57 pm »

The good thing about evil is that left unchecked it ultimately does itself in, be it a scam or evil doer.  Hence the saying you live by the sword you will die by the sword.

Good on the other hand can perpetuate indefinitely.
Report Spam   Logged
Bad Penny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 06:28:23 pm »

Egypt and Geolib:

Excellent points both!
Report Spam   Logged

Are you taking over?
Or are you taking orders?
I ain't going backwards!
We're going only forwards!

The Clash, White Riot