This Forum is Closed
April 18, 2024, 08:00:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GGF now has a permanent home: http://forum.globalgulag.com

Home Help Search Links Staff List Login Register  

EU Pervert Groper Alert: EU to pass TSA - like Groping Powers to Uniformed Pervs

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EU Pervert Groper Alert: EU to pass TSA - like Groping Powers to Uniformed Pervs  (Read 540 times)
Jonnie Goodboy

The Gulag Archipelago, - had 'Paradise Islands'.

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2011, 12:55:49 pm »

I hope to set up a petition to the Prime0minister at No10 downing st. Fortunately for them, the old petitions system went with 'new-labour' and a new system of online petitions is expected some time this month, perhaps.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_066327

I woke up this morning, just knowing that something related to air-safety was to affect me today, however much I should try to avoid it, and I did try till I read this:

The European Union Parliament has adopted a resolution to allow the full use of body scanners in airports of the 27 European member nations.

A majority of MEPs expressed support in a show of raised hands ahead of a scheduled decision this week by the autonomous European Commission whether to authorize the use of scanners at airports. The Parliament will then have three months to overturn the decision.

UK airports, as well as airports in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy and Finland have been using the scanners in trials since last year. Currently in the UK, anyone who refuses to walk through the scanner if asked to do so is automatically refused permission to fly.

This is one of a number of conditions that MEPs agreed should be changed, noting that “Passengers should have the right to refuse body scanning and opt for alternative screening methods that guarantee the same level of effectiveness while respecting their rights and dignity.” a press release states.

“Such a refusal should not give rise to any suspicion of the passenger”, MEPs added.

Many will see this as a poisoned chalice as it will inevitable lead to a rise in enhanced pat-downs and the problems that come with them, as has been witnessed in the United States.

Any online petition will require 500 signatures to be valid, and 10,000 or so to be debated in parliament.
Remember, the UK Parliament has the power and final decision making process in regard to EU mandated laws ...

How convenient the online system of quickly gaining 10,000 signatures is off-line at this time!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_066327
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:01:48 pm by Two Tenners » Report Spam   Logged

"When the righteous become many, the people rejoice; but when anyone wicked bears rule, the people sigh".
— Prov 29:2

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: